Monday, February 2, 2015

Valentine Card Center

I always enjoy when kids make handmade Valentines for each other. Each year I make sure to set up a Valentine-making center for them in class. I've had this as a center, and I've also had it as an early-finishers station. I make sure to stock it with supplies and fun craft paper for the kids. In addition, I always have two buckets. One that has popsicle sticks with each of my kids' names on it, and one for kids to put the completed Valentines in. When kids go to the station, they have to draw a name from the "Needs a Valentine" bucket. Once they've finished that particular Valentine, they can put it in the "Completed Valentines" bucket with the stick. Once all sticks have made their way to the "Completed Valentine" bucket, I dump them back into the "Needs a Valentine" bucket so the kids can start again. This is always a favorite activity in my class!

Click HERE for the bucket labels.

No comments: