Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Love Monster and Other Valentine Centers

It's Valentine box time ...

For the past four years, I've done THIS for Valentine boxes. So I wanted to try something different. I had kids make love monster bags, based on the story Love Monster by Rachel Bright. The story is geared for younger kids, but my kids still loved the message. You can also click HERE to watch the story being read aloud. I got THIS from TPT for the template. They turned out so cute! I let kids choose a variety of neon colors for all the various parts, and I told them they could add eyelashes if they wanted to make girl monsters. Here's how they turned out!







I also threw together some quick Valentine centers to review skills we've already learned. This weeks centers include:

1) Valentine Hearts Puzzle and Valentine's Hearts in Boxes - These are two math activities I found on TPT. They require problem solving skills as well as guess-and-check strategies. The kids loved them.


2) A Sweet Story - I found THIS graphic organizer on TPT and put it in a bin with the story I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Rose. The kids had to sequence the events in the story onto the organizer.


3) Fun Packet - THESE are activities I found on TPT. I included the word search, making words with "Valentine" and the "I Love Addition" page. These types of activities are always favorites.


 4) Love Wins - I put THIS graphic organizer in a bin with the story Love, Splat. Kids read the story with a partner and filled out the graphic organizer depicting the friendship in the book.


5) Make Valentines - Click HERE to see how I set up my Valentine center.


No comments: