Saturday, July 12, 2014

Techy Teacher Tools

Hi all! I want to post the names of some technology tools I have come to LOVE. Each, in its own way, helps make my life as a teacher a bit more successful.

Teacher Kit - This is a grade book app that makes organizing classes, grades and notes very easy. It even shows student performance in visual charts. A great tool to use for parent conferences. Click HERE to access it on the iTunes store.



Evernote - This is an oldie, but a goodie. I used Evernote this year to keep records of student work and assessments throughout each quarter. You can store photos and audio in folders you've created for each student. I referenced it often - especially when it was time to do grades or conference with a parent. Click HERE to access it on the iTunes store.



Socrative - This is an excellent app that can be used for quick quizzes and exit slips for students. It is a great assessment piece, as it gives real-time grading results. Click HERE to access the "teacher" version and HERE to access the "student" version.



SimpleK12.com - This is a professional development site that I LOVE! Any time I am in need of fresh ideas, I cruise through this site and look for an inspiring webinar. There are several opportunities to take free webinars ... but if you do, I wouldn't be surprised if (like me) you end up with a yearly subscription so you can access all their great webinars.


Teacherspayteachers.com - If you have never visited this site, GO THERE NOW! There are hundreds of thousands of resources available that cover a wide range of subjects and skills. All materials are created by teachers. You can even create an account and sell your materials.


This is my short list of go-to's during the school year. I would love to hear what yours are!

No comments: