Sunday, August 25, 2013

Homophones and Multiple Meaning Words

I'm introducing homophones this week with fun activities that I just posted to TpT. There is even a multiple meaning word poster and activity included (I don't know about you ... but I noticed that my students struggled with the difference when I introduced it last year so I wanted to be sure to create a meaningful, clear activity to help them distinguish the difference). Click HERE to check it out. It includes:
  • 11 x 81/2 posters defining homophones and multiple meaning words to hang in your classroom.
  • a homophone word wall with 20 popular homophone pairs as well as a blank cards to add your own.
  • a sheet for students to illustrate homophone pairs (one option with directions at the top and one without in case you want to turn them into a class book of homophones).
  • homophone spinners where students spin for two different homophones to use correctly in a sentence (can use pencil and paperclip as actual spinner). This can be a center, partner, group or independent activity.
  • a paragraph in which students circle the correct homophone to make the sentences make sense.
  • a mini-folder for sorting sentences based on whether they contain homophones or multiple meaning words.

No comments: